Well, frankly speaking, the anesthesiologist is indeed a good career choice in the medical field. The scope is great and so is the earning potentiality. In fact, it’s the highest paying medical job profile, besides the surgeon. For your information, an anesthesiologist has the capacity of earning a yearly income of over $400,000. Now, this is the reason why you should enroll in one of the accredited anesthesiologist schools. In this modern era, one should dream bigger. And, right now, the anesthesiologist is the biggest dream in the medical field. So, why not start making plans for it?
University of Pennsylvania is indeed a good school for anesthesiologist training. Nevertheless, there are many other such decent anesthesia schools in California, in Texas and in Florida too. Now, here are some factors which will probably help you to choose a good anesthesiologist school.
Qualities to Look for in Anesthesiologist Schools:
Accreditation: First of all, you should make sure that the anesthesiologist school which you are planning to join is certified by either the ASA i.e. American Society of Anesthesiologists or the ABA i.e. American Board of Anesthesiology. The accreditation from these associations proves that the school is good enough to provide you the required anesthesiologist education and skills.
Reputation & Facilities: Then, you should start fishing information of various reputed anesthesiologist schools and see if any of them are suitable for you. You should look for scholarship program and other essential issues like quality of related residencies, counseling, career services, housing, transportation cost and other such facilities.
Fellowship Programs: The next thing that you should sought for in an anesthesiologist school is the availability of the subspecialty programs, also known as fellowship programs. Usually, they last for 1 or 2 years according to the sub-specialty you choose. The main thing is that these programs are of great value and helps shaping your career.
Recommended Anesthesiologist Schools!
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Medical Assistant X-Ray Technician
- Anesthesia Technology
- Surgical Technology
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Radiologic Technology
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Health Information Management
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Laboratory Technology
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- AS - Surgical Technology
Get in, get out, get ahead with Southern Technical College!
At Southern Technical College, our career training programs are designed to help you reach your career goals ? whatever they may be! Southern Technical College is the right place for students who want quality career training in the growing fields of Allied Health, Business, Design, Education, Information Technology, Legal Studies, Nursing and Technical Trades.
- A.S. - Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- A.S. - Surgical Technician
- A.S. - Medical Laboratory Technician
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Dialysis Technician - Diploma
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- BS Health Science w/Con Radiography
- CERT Nuclear Medicine
- AS Radiography
- And more...
Residency Locations: The anesthesiologist schooling involves completing the residency program. During the 4 years long enrollment in the anesthesiologist school, the 1st year will encompass theoretical study regarding anesthesiology. The latter 3 years will be focused on getting clinical training by taking up residencies in the hospitals. So, it will be wise of you to check out the hospital or other training locations provided by the anesthesiologist schools.
Eligibility for Enrolling in Anesthesiologist Schools:
Needless to say, to acquire the title of an anesthesiologist, the aspiring medical students will have to move successfully through various stages, jumping from high school classes to colleges and then to universities for obtaining the respective diplomas and other training requirements. The first stage, like in any other medical careers, does involves getting the bachelor’s degree. Then, after you emerge from a 4 years long CAAHEP accredited medical school (with an MD degree in your hand), then you are eligible to finally enroll in any one of the top anesthesiologist schools for further education.
Anesthesiologist Job Responsibilities:
As a matter of fact, the job responsibilities of an anesthesiologist are of perilous nature. This is why they are paid a lot of money in the first place. Their standard job encompasses monitoring the patient’s condition before the operation term, during the period of operation and even after the operation. And, by the way, the anesthesiologists have to make swift decisions regarding the administration of the anesthetics during the medical procedure by analyzing the patient’s vital signs.
Believe it or not, the decisions made by an anesthesiologist will affect the maximum success percentage of the operation. So, let me tell you once again that an anesthesiologist career is a tough one, unlike that of the pediatrician and even that of the accounting personnel.
Therefore, it is essential that an anesthesiologist must be thoroughly qualified to lead the Anesthesia Care Unit, which generally encompasses the nurse anesthetist, anesthesiologist assistant and the anesthesia technician; and for this reason the aspiring anesthesiologists must take care to enroll in the right anesthesiologist schools that offer quality anesthesiologist training program.
Aside from the rare exceptions of genuine interest, the major attraction towards anesthesiologist medical career is due to their high earning potentialities and the abundance of job opportunities created as the result of high population growth. Yet, becoming an anesthesiologist is not a child’s play, considering the various anesthesiologist requirements to fulfill and there’s also the issue of education cost. Now, for your information, the anesthesiologist is heralded as the highest paying medical job profile, besides the surgeon; the earning potentialities of an anesthesiologist may cross $400,000 per year.
Well, this huge income is not a surprise since to become an anesthesiologist, one needs to complete at least 16 long years in anesthesiologist schools, getting the required trainings and qualifications. No doubt, the fee charges for the study will be too immense, but still, the anesthesiologist requirements ought to be met if you are aspiring to become one.
Anesthesiologist Requirements: Education
If you are indeed aspiring to become an anesthesiologist, then beware because a 16-years-long anesthesiologist schooling is looming over you. Now, being influenced by the motto “Short & Sweet”, I have here shortened this particular 16 years into 4 sweet stages. (I know you are glad!)
- Stage 1: Complete the high school by grabbing a Bachelor’s degree. Premedical exams could be useful in getting good admittance to medical schools.
- Stage 2: Enrolling in the accredited anesthesiologist school for acquiring the M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) degree or the D.O. degree i.e. Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine; Involves passing the MCAT i.e. Medical College Admissions Test.
- Stage 3: Residency programs are next in the list. Generally takes up to 4 years and encompasses the completion of internship and residency position.
- Stage 4: Getting certified from the American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA) is the end of the story. You are now officially an anesthesiologist.
Anesthesiologist Requirements: Job responsibilities
Anesthesiologists are literally considered “Pain-killing Gods” for the patients. So, in a way, the job responsibilities of an anesthesiologist are also of crucial nature. The most important one involves monitoring the patients before the start of the operation, during the whole operation term and even after the operation because:
- The first is generally done to extract the medical history of the patient and enlighten them about anesthesia, and how it is administered. The anesthesiologist also needs to decide which method of anesthesia administration would be most effective. Discussing with the surgeon and the co-workers is also essential.
- The second is most important since during a serious operation the patient should be kept in anesthesia condition so as to prevent the patient from feeling any pain and especially to ensure that the operation procedure will not get hampered by the patient’s body movement. The anesthesiologist will have to concentrate on the patient’s vital signs such as blood pressure, heartbeat rate, breathing, etc in order to apply necessary anesthetics to keep the patient sedated and under anesthesia.
- Similarly, the anesthesiologist also needs to monitor the patient after the operation in order to help the patient to recover fully from the anesthesia condition.
Beside these standard job responsibilities, the anesthesiologist will also be required to help the doctors and surgeons by applying their expertise in medical procedures such as Pain management, ICU and delivery process. By the way, the anesthesiologist will also be assisted in the medical procedures by the other members of the anesthesia care team, which generally consists of anesthesiologist assistant, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) as well as the anesthesia technician.
Anesthesiologist Requirements: Skills
Among the anesthesiologist requirements, the most demanding one is that the candidates will be required to have some specific skills- actually, only those which are considered to ensure 99% success of most operations. Here are a couple of them:
- The most important skill, of course, involves having a thorough knowledge of handling anesthesia equipments as well as other lab apparatus used during the operation.
- The anesthesiologist needs to make swift decision by analyzing the vital signs (heartbeat rate, breathings, blood pressure) of the patient, and of course, the decisions should be effective in helping the medical procedure.